Search This Blog

Sunday 15 January 2012

books books and more books

My little cousin Joel is way into the HP novels at the moment, and he was recently listening to the 6th book 'the half blood prince', and I was listening in... It's got me back into the HP novels again, I have read books 1 through 4 about five times over, but the last 3 are all a bit hazy so I'm going to read them again, how fun!
Also looking through kinokuniya and berkolouW books I found some interesting titles that I'm going to check out this year with all of my free time on my hands (that reminds me I have to find a second job so I can save to travel to the US)
Anyway thought I'd share some of the things I found :)
Far to go by Alison Pick
Lila by Robert M. Pirsig
Daphne by Justine Picardie
Ruby's Spoon by Anna Lawrence Pietroni
Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
The boy in the suitcase by Agnete Friis
Extremely loud and incredibly close a novel by Jonathan Safran Foer
The hare with amber eyes a hidden inheritance by Edmund defs Waal
A common loss by Kristine Tranter
The angel Esmerelda: nine stories by Don Delilo
Blood by Tony Birch
Scarecrow and the army of thieves by Matthew Reilly (also Hell Island)
The Burning Soul by John Connon
A dance with dragons by George R.R. Martin
Little Star-John Ayvide Lindquist (Let the right one in)
Caleb's crossing Geraldine Brooks
Lola's Secret by Monica McInerney
The thread by Victoria Hislop
Jubilee by Shelley Harris
Our lady of Alice Bhatti by Mohammed Hanif
The Ionia Sanction by Gary Corby
Season of light Katharine McMahon
The picture book Jo Baker
We Bought a Zoo by Benjamin Mee
An echo in the bone Diana Gabuldon
Pao by Kerry Young
The flowers of war by Geling Yan
Chung kuo 01 son of heave by David Wingrove
Unwanted by Krishna Ohlsson
The Kindness of your nature by Linda Nilsson
The Botticelli Secret by Marita Fionato
Mia Culpa by Mia Freedman
The little book of perfumes by Lucca Turin and Tania Sanchez
The Help by Kathryn Stockett


quite a list I know, but I do have an entire year, and this isn't even including all the books I recieved as christmas presents!
Anyway enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment